COMING UP IN 2017…
From the start, we’ve known that to challenge and eventually transform mainstream attitudes and beliefs about oppressive behaviors, we’d have to swim upstream. Creating a world free of violence won’t happen overnight, but we keep moving forward and evolving with unshakeable passion and pride. And a sense of humor, of course.
With all of that in mind, we are excited to announce that in 2017 Catharsis Productions will add one more program to its repertoire: Not Suitable For Work (NSFW).
WHAT IS NSFW?
Great human resources managers share similar company goals to: boost employee morale, help develop employee leaders, increase efficiency and efficacy and create an environment that helps them recruit and staff the best people for their company’s health and success. To do this they must create a workplace environment that is inclusive and makes all employees feel welcome and respected. One of the biggest barriers to these goals is a company culture where microagressions and bias are allowed to thrive.
Not Suitable For Work (NSFW) is a perfect part of your tool box to dismantle bias culture, help employees learn to recognize bias and create a more equitable and healthier working environment for everyone. Participants will walk away understanding:
• Why people have stereotypes and make bias statements
• How to recognize a bias statement and how to respond in a productive manner to make positive change
• What microaggressions are
• Why these are a problem (even if that harm is unintentional)
• How everybody can work to create a more respectful, equitable and more productive working environment for everyone
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT NSFW
We did a soft launch of our program this past October and this is what they thought about the program: