Are you overworked? Understaffed? Trying to make lemonade out of bad lemons?
While education and prevention are essential functions of advocacy centers, most staff members are trained only when it comes to serving survivors; they lack the appropriate resources to train them to do the presentation preparation and delivery that is an essential part of the job. Most people are simply handed a binder of outdated material and told to “do the best you can”.
Delivering sexual violence prevention education is hard, and being able to get your message across is even harder. It deserves appropriate training to create a solid curriculum and build confidence, and we can help do just that!
At Catharsis Productions, ‘delivering engaging presentations’ is at the core of our success. We are the leader, both in quality and scope, in research-driven and engaging presentations regarding sexual assault prevention. Our Subject Matter Experts pair hands-on practice and coaching with Educational Psychology, Political Science, Public Health, Criminal Justice, Cognitive Psychology, Theatre, and Social Psychology to make the messenger as strong as the message.
The Force of Awesome Institute helps YOU create the best violence prevention curriculum for your audience. This four-day, anti-violence educator training program teaches advocates to:
- Deliver more impactful presentations
- Develop their own curriculum, including methodology and construction
- Connect with diverse or challenging audiences
- Understand the audience’s values, language, and emotions as well as their barriers to learning and changing their beliefs
- Be a more nuanced and powerful change agent
Ultimately, The Force of Awesome Institute reinvigorates the training component of the anti-violence movement; imbuing it with energy, data, and skill. This institute will strengthen even the most seasoned trainer and educator.
Are you ready to join the Force of Awesome?
- Institute Dates: July 16 - 19
- Monday - Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Institute held at Catharsis Productions in Chicago, IL
REGISTRATION FEE & DEADLINES:
- Institute Fee: $850 - Before May 15th, 2018
- Institute Fee: $1000 - After May 15th, 2018
Price does not include travel or lodging.