Position Summary: The Educator, Naval Station Great Lakes, focuses on executing on the Naval Station Great Lakes contract assignments at Naval Station Great Lakes in Great Lakes, IL. In addition, the Great Lakes Educator may execute on additional client contract assignments as needed. The Educator, Great Lakes, is trained and presents Catharsis Production’s Sex Signals and/or Got Your Back programs, adapted to the Great Lakes and other client needs.
- Develops and submits regular reports and other documentation of presentations as requested by
- Collects presentation audience numbers and reports to Client Services Manager same-
- Schedules travel arrangements per presentation assignments, keeping within budget
- Submits expenses on an assigned schedule as outlined by
- Confirms details, including rider conditions, of presentation with client Point of Contact (POC).
- Adjusts performance according to assessment of
- Self-records presentations on request and reviews and provides feedback of own presentations for development with Manager.
- Participates in on-going training and development as needed and requested by
- Complies with necessary client contract compliance trainings and
- Reviews and responds to email and other communication by Manager and other
- Attends to and is available for Manager assigned phone calls, conferences, training, program updates, and regular meeting requests.
- Other duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in a training and facilitating capacity, preferred two (2) years
- Preferred four (4) year college degree, or equivalent experience in a related function
- Must hold a valid State’s Driver License
- Background in sexual violence prevention, military, or social justice is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economical, gender, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of the customers we serve; sensitivity and knowledge and understanding of groups historically oppressed and who may have experienced discrimination
- Bonus: Theater experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- A high attention to detail and very
- A high degree of customer
- Ability to learn and excel at improvisational
- Ability to manage and facilitate large
- Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet
Travel: Position requires availability to report to client site with same day notice when necessary. This position requires up to 50% travel, including out-of-the-area and overnight travel for client assignments.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Eligible for military clearance.
AAP/EEO Statement: Catharsis Productions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Catharsis Productions’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time as per Manager’s and company’s discretion.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is medium.